It’s true that Google stores user data but it also allows you to have some control on it.
Most of the people are looking for a way to limit their online activity. Google allows you to take an approach to secure your online activities and data.
Mostly, people think that deleting browser history can make their data safe but this is totally misconception that deleting browser history is enough to make their data safe and private but it’s not enough. Even when you are using incognito window then it will still show your ISP and then this information provide to corporations, who want to buy information through money.
To avoid this or to safe your data you need to delete all your Google activity.
Manage your Google Activity Controls
Google activity will keep the search and browser history and it will not stop until you disable them by choosing disable option. When you disable them, Google will not collect and store your data or history.
For this, you need to turn off your Google Activity or you can simply remove it from quest for making the security better.
- Simply, open the browser and find the option of Activity controls and open the Activity control option.
- Now, click on the each activity that you want to remove or delete.
- When you are done then you will see a message that will pop-up on the screen and then you need to confirm your action.
- Now, you need to select pause option after confirmation message.
Download the Google Search & Browser History
If you feel that you want to find the previous thing that you recently searched. So you can download your Google search history by doing these steps.
- First of all, sign in your Google Account, Go to the main page then go to the menu and then select Data & personalization.
- Now find the option of Download, delete, or make a plan for your data. Now click on the option of Download plan of your data.
- Now, you will be shifted to next page, where you can download your required data. Click on the data you want to download and then click next.
- Now, choose format of downloading like file type, File size and method of downloading.
Deleting your Google Browser History
- Open the Google browser on your PC and log in with your Google account.
- Open the option of settings and then click on the option of History from the setting menu or you can also use the shortcut key Ctrl+H and Mac user can use CMD+Y.
- On the left side, you can see the option of Clear browser history, just click on the option and you will shifted to the next window after clicking on it.
- Now, you will see two option there as Basic and Advance. If you want to delete detail history then go to the option of Advance.
- After that you will see the detail of your history and you can delete your history from Time range.
- When the selected box have been checked. Now, choose clear browsing data.
How to turn off Google activity tracking
When you delete stored data of Google and want to stop tracking of Google activity then you need to do this method:
- Open the option of My Activity section from your Google Account.
- Choose the option of menu button on the upper side of browser.
- Now, choose Activity control.
- Click on switch next for the service that you want to disable tracking.