The Excise, Taxation, and Narcotics Control Department of Punjab is enhancing its services by efficiently collecting various taxes and duties. Additionally, the department facilitates the registration of vehicles across the province, ensuring transparency in ownership. As part of this initiative, the excise department issues traditional hard-copy registration cards to vehicle owners, a document required to be carried while driving and may be requested by security officials for verification.
In a bid to further streamline processes and provide convenience to citizens, the Excise Department has introduced a new service allowing vehicle owners to download a virtual registration card for their vehicles. This digital alternative serves the same purpose as the physical card and can be easily obtained through the official website of the excise department.
Step-By-Step Guide to Download E-Registration Card:
- Visit the official website: Navigate to the official website of the excise department: https://excise.punjab.gov.pk/
- Click “E-registration Card”: Locate and click on the “E-registration Card” button in the menu bar.
- Access the E-Registration Card page: You will be directed to a new page https://vrcentpunjab.com/card.
- Enter vehicle details: Input the vehicle registration number and chassis number on the designated fields.
- Click “Search”: After entering the required details, click the search button to initiate the verification process.
- Download the E-Registration Card: Upon successful verification, you will be able to download the electronic version of the registration card.
It’s important to note that there is no fee associated with downloading the e-registration card through this online service.
By offering this digital solution, the Punjab Excise Department aims to provide a more accessible and user-friendly experience for vehicle owners, aligning with the broader goal of leveraging technology for efficient government services. This initiative not only promotes transparency but also reflects the department’s commitment to embracing digital advancements in public service delivery.