Samsung’s help support gets a lot of queries like “I have locked my Samsung phone what should I do now? How should I be able to unlock it without losing my data”. And I tell you what? You are not alone in this. Many Samsung users face the same issue. And I understand it’s a nightmare for many of us. Samsung devices are popular with a great number just because of their unique design and great performance. Samsung devices are also famous for their security reasons because Samsung company is very strict in this matter. You have to be very careful in any kind of Samsung security case. But don’t worry we will show you different ways by which you can easily unlock the Samsung Galaxy S4 device.
How A Samsung Mobile Gets Locked?
Most of us try to use difficult passwords for extra protection. Some use dot combination passwords and some of us use our secret alphabetical passwords. A numeric one can also be used as a password. Here locking is caused by many reasons.
- Sometimes it’s due to several incorrect password attempts.
- Sometimes it’s due to accidentally taps in our pocket.
- And sometimes it’s due to using the wrong password case.
But there’s an option to overcome this issue. What you have to do is just click the link below which is named “forgot password”. Also, Google is available to assist us at that time. And today we will show you how to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 using both ways. It’s quite simple and easy. Just follow the simple steps.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 With The Help Of Google
Today we will learn pattern unlock methods and password reset methods in case you forgot the password. Here’s how you can easily unlock the Samsung Galaxy S4 device with the help of Google play. The steps are as follows:
1 – Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 With dr. fone
Unlock your Samsung galaxy s4 device with the help of Dr. fone screen unlock program that’s made for android mobile devices. It allows you to exclude any kind of screen locks(screen pattern, pin, password) without losing data. Dr. fone program is an advanced program designed to unlock all kinds of screen locks of android devices. Let’s see how can you unlock your Samsung galaxy s4 with the help of dr. fone program.
Follow these simple steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to download the dr. fone program either on your phone or on your pc. Both versions are available. You can download the Windows version by clicking the dr. fone link here. Dr. Fone Download.
- After downloading, the program, install it and start it on your PC.
- Click the very first option “Screen Unlock”.
- Connect your Samsung mobile with your PC with a USB cable.
- Select Samsung from the given brand options along with your device name and model. Be careful in that process otherwise, your device can be harmed or get corrupted.
- Click the confirm option.
- After confirmation, a new dialog box will appear on your screen. Here you have to type confirm and then again click confirm to proceed further to the next step.
- Now follow the exact same steps that are on the image that I have uploaded below to enter in the “Download Mode”
- In download mode, you have to be patient because it will take some time and the program will automatically start to download the packages like “Recovery package” on your phone.
- When the program completes downloading the essential files, it will begin the unlocking procedure.
- The device will need a reboot after the successful device unlocking.
2 – Try Samsung Reset Method
- First of all, you have to switch off your phone.
- And then press and hold the volume up along with the power button. OR
- Volume down button along with the power button
- After doing so, the boot setting will appear on your mobile screen, now leave the buttons
- Choose recovery option using the volume up to move up and volume down to move down. Similarly, confirm your option with the power button
- After confirmation, an android exclamation mark will appear on your screen.
- While pressing the power button press and release the volume up button
- Few options will appear on your screen, pick the wipe data/factory reset option using the volume down button and hold the power button.
- It will leave you with 2 options. Yes or No. You can select option yes by using your volume down button withholding the power button.
- After all of that, select the option “Reboot System Now” by using the power button
- Here you go. You have successfully unlocked a Samsung android phone.
3 – Try Google Login Method
Anyone can use their Google account to unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 if they have an android device with an update 4.4 or below. Also, you have your android phone to be connected to the internet or Wi-Fi network that you were using before. Now implement the following steps that I have mentioned below:
- Try the wrong lock screen password or pattern a minimum of five times.
- Wait for almost 30 secs and then tap “Forgot Password”.
- Enter here Google account login or your backup pin.
- After that, your android device would be successfully unlocked and it will allow you to set a new password or draw a new pattern method.
Also, check how to unlock iPhone when the iPhone is disabled.
4 – Android Device Manager To Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4
You can also unlock your Samsung Galaxy s4 with the help of the android device manager. Android device manager setup makes it really easy to unlock android phones. The procedure is quite simple and easy. Follow with me:
- If you want android device manager to work efficiently and unlock your android phone then you have to keep it running on your phone and then start the forgetting password procedure.
- Android device manager program will also not work efficiently if you are disconnected from the internet.
- After checking your internet connection. Visit the site Google Find My Device and log in to Android Device Manager by using the corresponding Gmail id and password.
- Select the device you want to unlock.
- Tap on the lock.
- A new pop-up window will appear with a new password option.
- Set a new password and you will be able to access your Samsung phone with this new password.
5 – Try Using Find My Mobile Method
Samsung users have an extra accessibility feature named “Find my mobile”. Through which you can unlock your lock screen without losing data. For that purpose, you have to set up your Samsung account along with the enabled “Find my device” platform.
- Open your favorite browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.
- And visit the “Find My Mobile” website.
- After that log in to your Samsung account and then tap the unlock button
- Similarly, you will find an unlock button on the next page. Inscribe your Samsung account password for verification of the unlock procedure.
- After that, your phone will automatically shift the old security lock to the new one. And then you can access your mobile without any kind of password
I hope that this guide would help you a lot if your Samsung S4 device gets locked. You can try any method to unlock your Samsung device. All methods are in 100% working condition. And if you get stuck at any point during the unlocking procedure leave a comment in the comment section and our support team will guide you personally as soon as possible. We would be glad to help you out.