The foremost purpose of the pharmaceutical company is to provide medicines that stop infections, preserve health, and cure diseases. The pharmaceutical industry straightly concerns the global community so various global administrative bodies observe objectives like patents, drug safety, quality, and pricing of the stock.
A drug or pharmaceutical corporation is a monetary establishment permitted to research, produce, store, and dispense drugs, usually dealing in the healthcare department.
Today we would like to discuss what leading pharmaceutical companies in Pakistan do and why they are leading pharmaceutical companies in Pakistan. We will share the top 10 pharmaceutical companies with you today like GlaxoSmith and Bayer.
List Of Leading Pharmaceutical Companies In Pakistan
- Abbott Laboratories Pakistan Ltd.
- Getz Pharma Private Ltd.
- Searle Company Ltd.
- Sami Pharmaceutical Private Ltd.
- Feroze Sons Laboratories
- Hilton pharma Private Ltd.
- Pfizer Pakistan Ltd.
- Wyeth Pakistan Ltd.
Bayer Pharmaceuticals Headquarter – Leverkusen, Germany.
Bayer company is an internationally recognized pharmaceutical corporation contributing greatly to the department of healthcare. This organization endures a renowned reputation with a tale of more than 150+ years. It’s a German-based Multinational and life sciences Organization.
This company has a uniform record of gaining fame for its extraordinary and efficient drugs. Drugs that were used to treat several conditions. Furthermore, the organization has been efficiently researching the field of cultivation while producing a wide variety of related products.
The company is contributing admirably in attaining clarifications to some of the significant hurdles associated with the medical domain. Their medicine list with their usage is as follows:
- Adalat – used to handle the high blood pressure
- Afrin – is used to treat cough and cold
- Aspirin – used as a painkiller such as a headache, toothache, and period pain.
2. GlaxoSmithKline GSK
GSK Pharmaceuticals Headquarter – Brentford, United Kingdom UK.
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in Pakistan that was a long time ago established. In 1951 GlaxoSmithKline legacy company named Glaxo laboratories private Ltd got listed in the Karachi inventory exchange company which was a big achievement at that time. This company is rapidly making its path with fussier analysis contributing at a huge scale towards healthcare. And GlaxoSmithKline’s extraordinary results are evidence of their struggles.
GlaxoSmithKline GSK mainly deals in the products listed below:
- Anti-infective products
- Breathing products
- Dermatological products
- Gastrointestinal products
- Oncology and Urology products
- Anxious devices
- Vitamins therapy
GSK oral health product holds Sensodyne, Paradontax, Biotene, and Aquafresh.
Respiratory medicines include Theraflu, Flonase, Otrivin, and Nicotinell.
GSK pain relief includes Panadol, Voltaren, Fenbid, and Advil.
Stomach comforting supplements include Eno and Tums.
3. Abbott Laboratories
Abbott Laboratories Headquarter – Illinois, United States US.
Abbott Laboratories Pakistan Ltd. is an active member of the international healthcare bureau. In 1948, Abbott laboratories started with an aim to make people’s lives healthy with a distinct range of nutritional products(based on science). It is an American Multinational healthcare and medical devices organization. Along with diabetes devices, diagnostic tools, and pharmaceuticals.
Abbott is serving as both a medicines manufacturer and a medical publisher. This organization was established under the administration of Dr. Wallace C.Abbott with a team of 1400 workers working from all over the country. Abbott’s dedication to excellence has made them excellent players around the globe.
Not only in Pakistan but Abbott is executing a great impression on well-being in more than 160+ countries.
Abbotts trusted trademarks include:
- Brufen – reduces inflammation and pain.
- PediaSure – nutrition certified by nutritionists to help kids grow.
- Glucerna – products are intended to help maintain blood sugar levels when utilized as a meal replacement.
- Pedialyte – used to patch solutions and minerals succumbed due to diarrhea and vomiting.
- Similac – multivitamin used to handle or counter vitamin loss before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Ensure – the root of complete impartial nutrition for supplemental use with or between meals.
4. Getz Pharma Private Ltd.
Getz Pharma Headquarter – Karachi, Pakistan.
In 1995, Getz Brothers and Co. Inc laid the foundation of Getz Pharma Private Ltd. with only 45 members employed and a small revenue base with no international operations. Today, Getz Pharma has a small development company with an international rank in the pharmaceutical industry.
Getz Pharma has been transformed with more than 5700+ extremely qualified agents across the globe. It is the only pharmaceutical company whose manufacturing was approved by the organization globally known as World Health Organization (WHO).
Now here’s a thing you must acknowledge the oldest food company named Mitchells’s Fruit Farms Ltd. is acquiring Getz Pharma Company. This company’s curative divisions include the following:
Their medicine list with their usage is as follows:
Advant – accepted for the therapy of heart failure.
Amtas – used to handle high blood pressure.
Agnar – used to handle low blood calcium levels.
Bekson Forte HFA – used for the remedy of asthma as a contraceptive in patients 5 years of age and older.
Cartigen plus – used to treat joint pain and recover mobility.
5. Searle Company Ltd.
Searle Company Ltd. Headquarter – Skokie, Illinois, United States US.
Searle Company Ltd. was established in Pakistan as a private limited company in October 1965. The organization got a small production facility in S.I.T.E where they began to produce the following:
- Lomotil – used in the treatment of acute diarrhea.
- Ovulen – used for testosterone lack, male infertility, and other diseases.
- Aldactone – used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure.
- Diodoquin – used for the therapy of intestinal amebiasis and other situations.
- Probanthine – used to handle complications in the gastrointestinal region that involve tissue contraction.
- Neomycin Sulfate – an antibiotic that combats bacteria in the body is also used to diminish the uncertainty of disease during the operation.
- Hydrillin – efficiently handles streaming nose, sneezing, damp eyes, itching throat, and itching nose.
- Byscard – used to handle high blood pressure and chest pain.
- Extor – used for heart failure and hypertension.
- Rhulef – used for the therapy of grown-up patients dealing with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Canderel – remarkably sugary taste with no aftertaste. Perfect replacement for sucrose in your candied foods.
- Levoxin – used to handle the infections of lungs, skin, ears, airways, bones, and joints produced by susceptive bacteria.
- Ezium – is used for the swelling of food pipes.
- Peditral – a type of Oral Rehydration Salt utilized to handle water and aqueous decline in the body.
Searle company was acquired under the primary control of the IBL group. Searle company majorly deal in pharmaceuticals and other useful products. This company has a crew of more than 2000 employees and with these employees and quality pharmaceuticals Searle generates approximately 135.15 million dollars. Searle company is also linked with the top-rated organizations like:
- CHR Hansen
6. Sami Pharmaceutical Private Ltd.
Sami Pharmaceuticals Headquarter – Block 6, PECHS, Karachi.
Sami Pharmaceuticals Private Ltd. is the 3rd most substantial corporation which has more than 80 distributors. It’s one of the few organizations that played a vital part in freeing Pakistan from the rule of global corporations. Sami Their main category products are as follows:
- Gastrointestinal drugs
Sami Pharmaceuticals primary product list with their uses is as follows:
- Bisoprolol – used to handle heart failure and high blood pressure.
- Actim – used to treat high blood pressure or Angina and heart failure.
- Alkeris – used as a pain drug.
- Arceva – used to treat critical malaria including cerebral sickness.
It has been a leading company in Pakistan for more than 40 years just because of its quality, distinction, and innovative approach. Their main office is established in Karachi but they have their branches even in isolated regions with their exceptional healthcare facilities.
Do you know that COVID-19 tests aren’t 100% accurate?
7. FerozSons Laboratories
Ferozsons Laboratories Headquarter – Lahore, Pakistan.
Pakistan health threats laid the base of the FerozeSons group in 1894 and in 1956 the first pharmaceutical company in Pakistan was established with the name of FerozeSons Laboratories Ltd. They were also recorded on Karachi Stock Exchange in 1960.
Their product list covers the leading brands with high-quality generics. It was a leading company that was acknowledged to be a several-time winner of the Karachi Stock Exchange top 25 companies.
Their product list is as follows:
- Acylex – used as a remedy for herpes simplex virus infections as well as in the treatment of herpes zoster and varicella-zoster (chickenpox).
- Atenorm – used essentially in the treatment of cardiovascular complications for the treatment of hypertension.
- Aurora – used to minimize the mass of harmful cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- Biofreeze – used to treat trivial aches in the muscles/joints such as backaches and sprains.
- Caliptrol – used to diminish the risk of heart complications such as stroke, heart attack, and chest pain.
8. Hilton Pharma Private Ltd.
Hilton Pharma Headquarter – Karachi, Pakistan.
Hilton Pharma Private Ltd. is another huge sign on the table of leading pharmaceutical companies in Pakistan as it’s a chief part of an innovative group of organizations.
This company was founded in 1976 as a prime pharmaceutical corporation. Connecting the adequate values of entrepreneurship, great work, integrity, strict agreement with the traditional authentic production methods they produced an extensive variety of products. Hilton Pharma works in 4 major categories:
- Consumer health
- Prescription drugs
They are committed to improving the standards of healthcare solutions with their products and facilities. Hilton Pharma Laboratories was praised for producing the 1st Chinese Pharma product named ‘Diazine tablets’ in Pakistan. They produce the following:
- Pain management
Hilton Pharmaceutical’s main product list includes:
- ALP tablets – primarily utilized to handle anxiety. It remodels the brain to action, pacifies it, and rewards relief from panic strikes by easing the nerves.
- AM-Telsan tablets – used to handle high blood pressure.
- Anapaz – used to treat a type of stomach/intestinal condition such as spasms and irritable bowel syndrome.
9. Pfizer Pakistan Ltd.
Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Headquarter – New York, United States the US.
Pfizer Pakistan Ltd. is a leading American-based drug producer organization that was established in 1959 and since then this organization has been striving for the well-being of the global community. This company is known for producing reliable, innovative, and economical medicines for millions of Pakistani people.
The organization produces medications as follows:
- Pain medicines
- Women health
They are also producing free-of-cost medicines with the partnership of Bait-ul-Mal for the provision of costly cancer drugs for poor patients. Pfizer is looking forward to collaborating more with the Government of Pakistan to improve the wellness of people.
Pfizer main product list includes:
- Ansaid tablets – used to manage the indications of Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. It relates to a variety of medicines known as NSAIDs.
- Feldene tablets – used to diminish pain, inflammation, and joint stiffness from arthritis. This medication is recognized as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- Norvasc tablets – used to drop high blood pressure that aids block strokes, kidney problems, and heart attacks.
- Ponstan – used to reduce the period pain and treat troublesome periods.
- Xanax – used to treat panic and anxiety complications. Refers to a family of medications known as benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves.
10. Wyeth Pakistan Ltd.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Headquarter – Madison, New Jersey, United States.
Wyeth Pakistan Ltd was founded in 1949 as a public limited corporation. Subsidiaries of Pfizer incorporation include Wyeth LLC, USA, and Wyeth Holding Corporation USA. Wyeth pharmaceuticals are entirely involved in the marketing, administration, import, and trade of research-based noble specialties along with additional pharmaceutical goods.
Wyeth Pharmaceutical’s main product list includes:
- Ativan – is used to lessen anxiety and likewise used before the operation to help relax you.
- Efexor – used to handle anxiety and panic strikes. Recommended for the treatment of the major depressive disorder.
- Myambutol tablets – hold the active component ethambutol. It’s an antibiotic appropriated to treat tuberculosis including tuberculosis of the skin, lung, genital tract, urinary tract, bone and joint, eye, and brain.
- Premarin – used by gentlewomen to support decreased indications of menopause such as vaginal dryness and hot flashes.
- Prevenar – used to shield kids aged between 6 weeks and 17 years against invasive infections, pneumonia, and severe otitis affected by S.pneumoniae.