Update your Website from http to https
We also want to secure our site and want to visit a secure site. Whenever we are collecting any sort of sensitive data like an Email address or password then we want to be secured. But what can we do about that? If you are doing any type of sensitive activity then we can allow HTTPS, this is the best way to security.
It is also known as secure socket layers (SSL). By activating HTTPS, your data will automatically encrypt from the server.
All credit goes to Google because they encourage all websites to switch toward HTTPS. Now, about 90% of websites are HTTPS. Before that most of the traffic of websites was on HTTP.
Difference between HTTP and HTTPS
If we browse any website containing HTTP and send any data to them then our Data can be hacked or used in a negative way because any data sent to the HTTP is based on plain text and anyone cat copy, use or hack it because the information traveled between many places like IPS, web host servers and many others.
While on the other hand when we use the HTTPS website and send data to them then we are safe because HTTPS encrypts all the data that we are sending to others and no one can be able to read that data.
What Is an HTTPS Certificate?
Basically, HTTPS is a code. It helps you to allow HTTPS to your website that is available for all who will visit you website. We always see https in our browsers.
It is also proving to others that you are the owner of your domain or website. Some people called TLS (Transport Layer Security) but the majority of people called it SSL (secure socket layers).
For HTTPS certificates, you need to find certified and trusted authorities otherwise it will not work and will display an error message.
How do Get an HTTPS certificate for a website?
Most people want to get HTTPS certificates but they don’t know the way that how they can buy certificates of HTTP. But don’t worry, you are in the right place, we will tell you the whole procedure.
- First of all, you need to find the trusted authorities for the HTTPS certificate and then you need to buy an SSL certificate from them.
- When you ordered a certificate the authorities will guide you through the whole procedure. You need to create the signing process for the certificate in this process. You can easily do this from the account of your hosting.
- In this process, the authorities will check out the validation of the domain. It is because the certificate proves to others that tell that you are the owner of this website and domain.
How can we Install an HTTPS certificate?
The entire process is very easy and simple. You just have to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the Web hosting panel on your PC.
- Then, complete the login process of the hosting panel.
- Now, go to the security panel.
- After that, you have to allow all the security of HTTPS on your website.
Now you are done with the installation of HTTPS on your website. This is how you can easily install an HTTPS or TSL / SSL certificate on your website.