How to stop Apps from Tracking your location?
There are a lot of apps available on the internet that record our data or track us. According to the New York Times, that is become very easy to locate and identify people from different apps. Many people don’t like this, especially privacy lovers. Those who love privacy, don’t want to show any activity of them.
Sometimes tracking your location can be harmful to your country as well because some companies use your location for their intelligence.
In recent years, Apple and Google made it easier to let their users know which app has access to their information. With this feature, you can easily deny them to have your data or information access.
So, many people want to know how they can stop these apps from tracking their location. So, if you are worried about this and don’t know what to do and how to do then don’t worry we will tell you everything that how you can stop apps to track your location on Android devices as well as on iOS devices.
Here’s how to stop apps from tracking you:
How to Stop Apps To Track Your Location on iPhone?
You can easily stop or deny apps to get your location within the mobile. here’s how to stop apps from tracking on iOS devices:
- First of all, go to the settings of your iOS device.
- There you need to find the option of privacy and after that click on it.
- You will see the option of location service there, simply tap on it.
- If you want all the apps on your mobile, completely stops tracking your location then simply turn off the location of your mobile.
- But if you want to manage the location app by app then you need to tap each app separately and there choose the option of “Never” or “While Using”, make sure that these apps don’t need your location but only on that time when you are using them as there is no reason of tracking your location for the whole day.
How to Stop Apps To Track Your Location on an Android Phone?
Each Android mobile has a different function or method for stopping apps from tracking your location Google Pixel has a different method as compared to Samsung and it is different from LG devices as they use the custom feature. Although they are mostly similar to each other.
So here’s how you can stop Android apps to stop tracking your location:
- Go to the settings of your Android device.
- There go to the option of Advanced.
- You will see the option of App permissions there, simply click on it.
- There will be the option of location simply select it.
- After that you will see the list of app that has access to your location.
- Simply turn off the apps that have the access to your location.
What about the Location data Already Recorded?
Now, when you stop apps to track your locations then they might already store your location data. Now, many people want to know how they can delete an already recorded location then here’s how you can do that:
If you are an Android user then you can delete the location history of apps by asking Google. In order to do so then follow the given link https://www.google.com/locationhistory/delete and make sure that you signed in with a Google account. From there you need to click on the option to delete the location history by pressing the history button.
Apple does such kinds of things differently as apple takes all your record and put the list in a separate place so that they can tell you where you spend most of your time etc. But you can still stop it.
To delete the location history from your iPhone, then go to the settings of the iPhone and then privacy and click on the significant location option. Now, there simply clear the location. If they ask you to sign in with an Apple account, then simply do that.