How to Register Mobile in PTA Full Guide
If you bought any mobile in Pakistan then make sure to confirm that your mobile is registered with Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA). If your mobile is not registered with PTA then PTA will block your mobile in Pakistan.
PTA has already blocked many devices that are not registered with PTA. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority advises a lot of time to register your mobile online in Pakistan with them otherwise their mobile will be blocked and they will not further use them in Pakistan. PTA sends them via text.
Many people received a text from Pakistan Telecommunication Authority with the shortcode of 8484 that you need to register your mobile before 20th of October otherwise your mobile will be blocked. So, it is necessary to register your mobile in Pakistan for everyone.
If you are coming back from abroad then PTA will allow you to register one of your smartphones for free, it means that you don’t have to pay to register your mobile for the first time in Pakistan. If you have more than one device then you need to pay the tax for the mobile.
PTA mobile registration process framework is known as Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System’ (DIRBS). It was launched for guaranteeing a strong development of mobile ecosystems in Pakistan.
You need to register your mobile via IMEI number in Pakistan. If you are looking to register your smartphone in PTA then we will tell you how to register mobile phones online in PTA.
What is IMEI number?
IMEI is like a registration number that is given to your mobile just like the registration number of any vehicle. It is basically a unique code of mobile. If your IMEI number will be blocked then you can’t use any network in Pakistan. For that, you have to register your smartphone in PTA.
How to check Mobile IMEI number?
You can easily check the IMEI number of your mobile following these methods given below:
- By dialing *#06# from your mobile.
- You can check it from the back of your mobile as it is also printed on the backside of the mobile.
- Check the IMEI number from setting on the section of about phone.
Register your Mobile in PTA
PTA makes it easy for everyone to register your smartphone. There are three different methods to register your mobile in PTA and we will tell you all of them in this article.
Register your Mobile in PTA via SMS
You can easily register your smartphone in PTA via SMS by sending message o 8484 code. Here’s how you can do that:
- First of all, send your IMEI number to 8484.
- Now, it will show you different options, you have to reply with 1 ( register your mobile ).
- If you are a citizen of Pakistan then you have to reply with 1 and if you are a foreigner then you have to reply with 2.
- If you have the first device then it will register free of cost, for that press 1.
- They will ask some of the documents. Enter your CNIC number and Passport number.
- You need to reply to them with the sim slot number that you have on your mobile. If you have dual sims then you have to enter both IMEI number.
- When you are done with it, then reply with 1 and your registration request will send to PTA.
When you submit the request then you will get the confirmation message from 8484 after the inquiry of your provided data.
Register your Mobile via DIRBS
Here’s how you can register your mobile in PTA via PTA website:
- First of all, you need to go to the device registration portal by clicking on the link given https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs.
- Now, you need to create an account, if you don’t already have the account.
- To create the account click on the Sign Up option and you will a form there. Fill the form by providing the required information.
- Now, they will ask you the purpose and user type.
- Select the option of personal/individual for mobile/tablet PCs in purpose option and select the local or foreigner option in the section of user type.
- They will now send the confirmation code to your email.
- Now, enter the confirmation code and confirm your account.
- Now, you have to log in to the web portal of PTA.
- When you log in to the portal then there you will see the option of Individual COC, simply click on it.
- Now they will ask you to enter your mobile’s IMEI number and your contact number, simply enter the required data.
- When you add the data then after the inquiry of your data, you will get a message from PTA regarding registration.
- If your mobile is registered successfully, you will get a text regarding this otherwise they will ask you to pay the tax.
Register your Mobile via PTA mobile application
- First of all, you need to download the PTA official app on your mobile.
- Simply open the mobile store in your mobile and search for Device verification System DIRBS Pakistan.
- Now, install the app on your mobile and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- They will ask you to log in with your account.
- Simply login with the account and then enter your mobile IMEI number and contact number.
After some time you will get the message from PTA regarding registration.