We always wanted to have a phone that allows unlimited storage but unfortunately, this is not possible. The given storage will never be able to satisfy us. But luckily, many Android mobile have the option to extend the storage by using a micro SD card. Not every mobile supports microSD cards just like Google Pixel. If your mobile phone allow microSD card then you can easily extend your mobile storage. By is this, you can easily capture more pictures, add more movies, music and many more.
When the mobile storage is full then due to this your mobile will get slowdown. If you have good amount of space in your mobile then the performance of your mobile will also become better.
How to Transfer Images from Android Internal Storage to SD Card
Transferring data to SD card will provide you many benefits like if you want to change your mobile then you can easily change your mobile without any issue of data transferring to another mobile because all your data will be in SD card you just need to input SD card to another device. There are many other benefits like it will provide you backup, secure your data and many others.
To move your files of internal storage to microSD card then you need to use your phone option of File manager.
- Simply, open the file manger (My Files, Files) in your device.
- When you opened the file manager then you will see two options there as SD card and Internal Storage.
- Tap on the option of Internal storage.
- When you open the internal storage option then you have to find the option of DCIM and tap to open it.
- After that you will see the icon/option/File of Camera there. You need to long-press it or select the Camera option or file.
- Now, on the top right corner there will be three dot icons, tap them and you will see edit option there. Just click on it.
- After that you will see different options but you need to find and click on Move option. When you are done then go back to Home or My files menu and then tap on SD card option to open it.
- When you open the SD card option then find and tap on the DCIM folder or if you want to add any other folder then you can create a new folder.
- Open that folder and press the Done option there so that your selected photos can transfer in that folder.
In this way you can easily transfer each and every type of the pictures in your SD card.
How to Transfer Files from Android Internal Storage to SD Card
You can also transfer all the files including PDF, documents and many other type of files to SD card. This will let you to save all of your files for future. If you mistakenly reset your mobile then you don’t have to worry about this, if you already transferred files to SD card.
To move your files to SD card then you need to go following steps:
- Open My Files or File manager option in your mobile.
- When you open it then you will see different options or categories there. You need to find the option of Documents there and open it.
- After opening Documents, click on the three vertical dots that will be available on the top side.
- After that choose the option of edit and select those files that you want to move. You can also move all the files by selecting all off them.
- When you are done with it then choose the option of Move.
- Now, go back to the home page of My files and open the SD card option. When you open it then you need to select the file (where you want to move them) and paste them there by clicking on Move Here or paste option.
In this way, you can share every file and folder. If you want to move music or video then you can move them as well.
Changing the Camera storage to SD card
Moving images and video from your internal storage to SD card take a lot of time. You need to do a long process to do so. But there is another option for you that all the captured pictures and videos will save directly to your SD card.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Turn on the camera in your mobile and option the option of settings there that will be look like gear option option.
- After that, find the option of storage there.
- Now select the option of SD that will be under Shooting methods option.
By doing this, all the captured videos and pictures will automatically save in your SD card and will not affect your mobile storage.
You can cleanup your mobile storage by delete unused apps from mobile and also free-up your space by deleting unnecessary files and junk files.