How to Add IDM Extension in Chrome
Internet Download Manager ( IDM ) is one of the most useable software in Pakistan. Most of the people in Pakistan only use IDM to download anything from the Internet.
IDM is the best way to download videos, apps, software games, and many other things at fast speed. Almost every browser has its own download manager but still, people use IDM in Pakistan to download anything.
What is Internet Download Manager IDM?
IDM is a shareware software developed by an American company. Everyone can download it for free in their Microsoft Operating System. It is basically a tool to increase the speed f download up to 5 times.
People love to use IDM in Pakistan due to the speed of IDM provides. Whenever we download IDM then IDM extension will automatically be added to your Chrome and when you watch any video from YouTube or want to download any software then you will see the option of Download this video, this is because of IDM.
Check IDM Latest update
If you want to use IDM without any issue and with high speed then you need to keep it updated. If you don’t know how to check IDM update then here’s how you can do that:
- Open the IDM on your computer.
- Now, when you open it then you choose the option of Help.
- After that, you have to click on the option of a check for updates.
- Now, when you click on it then it will show the option to download the latest version otherwise it will show the option as “ You already have the latest version ”.
When you update your IDM then it will sort out your issue regarding IDM.
Check IDM Integration Settings
- First of all, open the IDM in your Windows PC.
- Now, go to the option in IDM.
- From options you will see the option of Use advanced browser integration, simply click on it and check it whether it is enabled or not.
- If it is not enabled then you need to enable it in the chrome extension.
- Now, you need to go to Capture downloads from the following browsers to check that Google chrome is enabled or not. You need to enable Chrome if it is not enabled.
If your issue is not s by going this then there is another option for you that you have to add the extension of IDM manually. Here’s how you can do that:
How to add IDM extension?
You can easily setup the IDM extension on your chrome. Before this you have to download IDM extension in your Windows PC.
Download IDM Google extension
- If you want to add the extension of IDM then you must have the IDM on your computer.
- If IDM is not installed then first install it and then click on the link given to add the extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/idm-integration-module/ngpampappnmepgilojfohadhhmbhlaekb.
- When you click on it, then you have to tap on the option of Add to chrome.
- Now, you need to click on the option of add extension.
- When you click on it then it will start downloading the extension on chrome.
- When the installation is completed then you can see the IDM logo on the extension bar.
Adding IDM extension Manually
- Go to google chrome.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots that will be on the top right corner.
- Now, from there you need to click on the tools option.
- When you click on tool options then you will see the option of extension there, simply tap on it.
- Now, you will see the extension browser of Chrome.
- If the IDM extension is already installed then remove it by clicking on the remove option.
- Now, go to My computers.
- Go to the file or folder where you download and install IDM.
- From the open the IDM folder.
- Now, you need to find the file of crx or IDMGCExt there.
- When you find crx file then you need to drop that file to Google Chrome extension.
- Now, by doing this the IDM extension will be added in your Chrome extension bar and it will start working.