PS4 is one of the best options for you for gaming and many people usually prefer Play Station 4 for gaming as it will provide you the best experience of gaming. But sometimes we need to reset it, reasons of resetting is different like some want to sell it, some want to make it new or sometimes people want to reset it for the best performance.
But it can be complicated sometimes as many people don’t know how they can reset there PS4 but don’t worry we will help you in this regard.
If you want to sell it then you need to reset it and delete all the accounts and data from it.
Here’s how you can do that:
PSN account deactivation
First of all you need to deactivate the account of PSN. Follow the steps below to deactivate it.
- Go to the home screen of PS4.
- Now, go to the main menu by pressing the Up button the controller.
- Go to the settings by pressing right button on controller.
- Now, find the option of PlayStation Network/Account Management there and select it.
- You need to press on Activate as Your Primary PS4 option from there by pressing the X button on the controller.
- Now, you will see your account there.
- If it is already deactivated then it will show you the option of deactivated and if it is activated then it will shoe you active.
- Now, simply click on deactivated if it is activated.
- It will show you a confirmation message on screen.
- Press C button on controller and tap on Yes.
- Now, your account has been deactivated and it will automatically reboot.
Erase everything from your PS4
Now, you need to wipe your PS4 and by doing this it will erase everything from your Play Station 4.
- Simply, login with your account.
- Go to the notifications by pressing the Up button of the controller.
- Now, go to the settings.
- From settings, you need to find the option of Initialization and press the X button of controller.
- Simply tap on the option of Initialize PS4.
- There you will see two option as Quick and Fast.
- Quick Initialization will done in some minutes but there is a chance is can be recovered but if you go for the Full Initialization then it will take some time but can’t be recovered in future.
- Choose any of the following.
- Then you need to click on Initialize button.
- They will ask you for confirmation, simply tap on Yes option.
When you are done with it then it will automatically delete all your data from PS4 and it will automatically restart your PS4.
Reset Factory via Safe mode
If you can’t follow the regular method of resetting then you can follow the safe mode.
- Long press the power button and wait till it beep twice. Firstly it will beep when you press the power button for the first time and second when it starts safe mode.
- Now, it will start your console and you will see default options.
- You need to select the option of Restore Default Settings.
- Now, go back to the settings and erase everything from there. If you select the option of Initialize PS4 Reinstall System Software then you have to reinstall the software. But recommend to reinstall your software.
Reinstallation of System software
Here’s how you can reinstall the system software:
- First of all, go to the official website of Play station 4 and download the updated firmware version in your PC.
- Now, you need to attach a USB flash drive with it and create a folder in it for PS4 and create another folder inside that folder.
- Now, copy the firmware software in the updated folder of flash drive.
- Now, go to the safe mode of PS4.
- You need to select the option Initialize PS4.
- When you done with it then it will ask you to input the flash drive.
- When you input the flash drive then it will automatically reinstalling the Operating system in your PS4.
Now, you are done with it. Simply reinstall your Play station 4 and it is fully reset and updated its software version as well.