Connect Laptop To a Projector for Presentations
Connection projector to the Laptop properly is very important especially when you are giving a presentation. Basically, connecting the projector with a laptop properly is a part of the presentation.
Most of us don’t know how to connect Laptop to a projector. We should do this with ourselves so that it looks perfect.
Checking everything perfectly before the presentation is very necessary otherwise the presentation might don’t go perfectly checking or setting Projector with a laptop is also included.
So, today we will tell you in this article how you can connect Projector to Laptop perfectly.
Connect Laptop to a Projector
If you have a wired Laptop then you can connect your Laptop by following the steps given below:
- Before connecting the projector to Laptop, you first need to turn off the Laptop and Projector both.
- Now, you have to connect one side of the connector wire or a video cable (it is also known as a VGA cable) with the monitor port of your Laptop and connect the other side with the projector input port.
- Make sure that both sides of the connector are fixed perfectly.
- Now, turn on the Projector by plugging the switch of the projector into the electrical board.
- Turn the Laptop on.
- If you want to use a mouse with the projector then you need to input the cable of the mouse in the Laptop’s mouse port and another end in the projector mouse port.
- If you want to use audio then you need to connect the audio wire to the Laptop’s audio out port and another to the projector’s audio port. You can also use speakers for audio.
- Now, check out the projector and laptop to ensure that they are perfectly connected or not.
- You can do that by long pressing of the Function key (Fn). You can use any function key but we recommend you use F4, F5, F7, and F8.
How to connect a wireless Projector to Laptop?
Some of the laptops connect projectors without wires then their setup is a bit different. Although wired projectors are much easier and straightforward to connect with the laptop. While connecting the wireless projector to the laptop needs different methods. But the general steps are as follows:
- First of all, turn the Laptop off as well as Projector.
- Now, you need to connect the wireless hub or transmit device both with your Laptop and Projector. You can connect it as we told you about the wired projector. The transmitting device will as a communication device between your laptop and projector.
- Now, turn on your laptop.
- Now, you need to install the drivers that will be available in your projector box. We need to install drivers because sometimes our Laptop can’t run the projector, so for that, we have to install the drivers that were provided with the projector.
- After that, you have to turn on the projector and it will start working.
By installing drivers, Laptop will automatically recognize the projector, whenever it will plug-in.